The Sé of Viseu was originaly a romanesque temple of the 12th century. The actual church that we see today is a reconstruction of the 16th century , Manuelino style, designed by João de Castilho, as a unified space. The main chapel and side chapels were rebuilt during the century. XVII, noting the classic arches and capitals. A thunderstorm causes the fall of a tower and Manueline facade, and the reconstruction of the pediment between 1635-48 under the Mannerist design of Juan Moreno from Salamanca. It is an altarpiece portal. The domes of the two towers are added at the same time.