The Izaak Synagogue, formally named the Isaak Jakubowicz Synagogue, and also called the Isaac synagogue, is a synagogue built in 1644 in the historic Kazimierz district of Kraków, Poland. The synagogue is named for the donor, Izaak Jakubowicz (d. 1673) who was also called Isaac the Rich and who was banker to King Wladislaw IV. The synagogue was designed by Francesco Olivierri, an Italian working in Poland in that era. Jakubowicz is buried in the Remuh Cemetery. Variants of the name include Ayzik , Izaak, and Isaac. Izaak is the standard Polish spelling. Jakubowicz is Polish for "Son of Jacob."