Folgosa, in the Municipality of Armamar. The surrounding landscape is dominated by the river, which flows at its feet, and by the estates where the famous port wine is produced. Right next to it is one of the largest in the entire Douro: Quinta dos Frades. Quinta da Folgosa, as it was formerly called, belonged to the Salzedas Monastery by donation since 1256 (hence the later designation of Quinta dos Frades). After the extinction of religious orders, the farm was auctioned on 6 November 1841 by the 1st baron of Folgosa, Jerónimo de Almeida Brandão e Sousa. In 1911, he then produced 300 barrels of wine, which belonged to Commander Delfim Ferreira. In addition to Quinta dos Frades, there is also another reference, Quinta da Penha, which was submerged by the waters of the Douro when the Bagaúste Dam was built.
The parish heritage includes: the parish church, Sra. Da Graça, the chapel of Santa Bárbara, the chapel of Sta. Teresinha (private), the chapel of S. Bernardo (Quinta dos Frades) and the chapel of Sta. Rita (Quinta da Redoída or Porto). In addition to this religious heritage, Folgosa once had Casa da Roda where abandoned abandoned children were collected.
Folgosa's economy develops around agriculture with the cultivation of vineyards and olive groves. Leaning against the Douro, Folgosa produces excellent quality grapes for port and Douro wines. The industry also assumes some importance: there are industries that transform olive oil and wine distillation.