It is impossible to imagine Belarus without variety of saint churches, which have become the part of its history for centuries. Seeking to study the history of saint places, the people find the spiritual links with its’ ancestors. Orthodox Churches in Belarus have always played the important role in the education and spiritual life of nearby population.
To the west of the city of Minsk near the source of the river Ptich is situated an ancient settlement Staroe Selo. The settlement was established in 1582. Since 1589 it was the part of Slutsk principality, in 1600 it became the centre of the province. In 1800 Staroe Selo became the property of prince Radzivil. The majority of the population of principality were orthodox Christians thanks to the special privileged status of Slutsk principality in Rzech Pospolitaya.
In 1806 the wooden church in honour of saint Dimitry Solunski was established in the settlement Staroe Selo on the place of cemetery. During the German occupation in 1943 the church was burned by fire. Only in the beginning of the next century it was rebuilt.
On the 7th of November 2013 the new church was consecrated by bishop of Borisov Veniamin.