On the roof of the Town Hall (Ratusz) in Chelmno, with a view on the Holy Mary Church. Originally erected in 1298, the free standing Town Hall (Ratusz) was renewed and extended in 16th Century in Renaissance style. The topmost part of the building was decorated in the attica style, and the tower was built. This is the form the building keeps today. Until 1975, the municipality was actually based in here. Nowadays, the museum of Chelmno is seated here; besides, the Town Hall is now the place for cultural meetings, concerts, and art exhibitions.