Fort Perch Rock is a coastal defence battery built between 1825 and 1829 situated in New Brighton Wirral England. It was built to protect the Port of Liverpool and as a fortified lighthouse to replace the old Perch Rock Light. It was originally built on an area known as Black Rock and was cut off at high tide, but now coastal reclamation has made it fully accessible. It is currently open as a museum.
For more information on New Brighton Wirral please visit www.wirral360.com and click on the New Brighton link.