Coya, Chilean town in the district of Machalí, O'Higgins Region. Located in the foothills of the Andes, right at the confluence of the Coya and Cachapoal. Coya is accessible from Ranchi, the nearest major city, through the Copper Road and Route Acid.
In a hydroelectric plant there Coya same name, created in 1911, which is supplied Cachapoal River. This plant was owned by Codelco, until it was sold to the Australian company Pacific Hydro.1