Place for the construction of fortifications was chosen on a rocky hill-shaped cape. In people, this mountain was named "Arrow" ("Strіlka"), probably for his swift and sharp form. At its foot, on the eastern side, the river Zbruch.
1518. The village is in the possession Kudrintsy kind Gerburt Emblem Pavenzha. Thanks to the efforts of Frederick Gerburt (1470 - 1519) Kudrintsy received Magdeburg rights. Although nothing is known about the existence of Kudrintsy fortifications at the time, but often in cities that have achieved self-government, to intensify the process of construction of fortifications. Perhaps even in this period on the mountain overlooking the Kudrintsy, was erected the first outpost. Indeed, far from the city ran the infamous Voloshskaya Way, which in 16 - 17 centuries Tatars actively used for their raids on the territory of the Commonwealth.
Early 17th century (according to some sources in 1615). To control the surrounding areas on the tapered end of a rocky mountain cape Russian voivode Nicholas Gerburt castle was built, who was a good strategic position. On three sides the castle had a strong natural defenses formed by the steep slopes of the rock. The eastern wall of the castle was covered not only by steep mountain slopes, but the waters Zbruch. On the north side of the floor-facing plateau, the castle was not serious natural protection, and because there was built a dry moat, obstruct the approaches to the fortifications, as well as the shaft. The northern segment of the fortifications was the main hub of defense, in case of siege or assault that location of the castle could get under the brunt of attack.
Castle fortifications were built of sandstone. In terms of the castle had the wrong form of a tetrahedron. Its structure was largely dictated by the configuration of the tip of the plateau, in the form of a tapered wedge. Because with floor north (wide) side of the plateau of the castle are longer than the walls on the south (narrower) side.
On 3 corners of the castle were built towers, 2 of them have been turned towards the plateau (the most vulnerable side of the fortifications). All towers were maximally adapted to conduct a frontal fire, as well as for pounding the foot of the castle walls. Overlap between the tiers towers were made of wood, they relied on the beams that went into the interior walls. To the inside of the castle walls and towers were built wooden martial gallery.
Tower № 1. was located at the junction of the north and east walls. In terms - 4-gon irregular shape. This tower was constructed arch gate on north-south axis. Gates went on a plateau. On both sides of the arch gate in the thickness of the wall were incised keyed loopholes.
Tower №2. Was at the junction of the north and west walls. 6-sided, 3-tier. Five of the six faces of the tower at each tier had one loophole in the sixth of the (internal) were arranged doorways. Cornice crowned by a tower on top of which, probably, was established hip roof.
Tower № 3. was located at the junction of the western and southern walls. 5-sided, 3-tier. Performed about the same pattern as the tower №2.
The south side of the castle is a second castle gate, arch which was cut in the thickness of the wall.
Along the eastern wall of the castle was built dwelling.
In 1648. During the Liberation War of Bohdan Khmelnytsky castle was captured by Cossack troops, led by Maxim Krivonos.
1672. During the Polish-Turkish War (1672 - 1676) the castle was captured by Turkish troops (probably the Turks took it twice, in 1672 and in 1675-m). Under their rule was to strengthen in 1683, when the Poles began to replace the troops of the Ottoman Empire from Podolsk lands.
The end of the 17th century. Kudrintsy again passed under the authority of the Commonwealth. We can assume that in the late 17th - early 18th century the castle lost its military significance. Since the beginning of the 18th century Tatar raids on border Rzeczpospolita ceased, and there was no need to keep the outpost in a state of combat readiness. From this moment, probably starting to use locking solely for residential needs.
Early 18th century. The castle is owned by the gentry of the genus Gumenetskih. During this period, in the castle of repair and renewal work. When Gumenetskih lock dwelling at the eastern wall consisted of 6 rooms.
?. After Gumenetskih castle goes genus Kozibrodskih. The new owners of the castle palace walls were decorated with paintings and rooms - antique furniture. Some exhibits collections Kudrinetskogo castle now can be seen in the exposure of the Ternopil Regional Museum.
In 1772. After the partition of Poland by the river Zbruch passed the border between Russia and Austria-Hungary. The village, which lies on the 2 sides of the river, was divided between the two states. The castle was on the Austrian side.
1779 - 1782 years. Austrian military cartographers was made so-called "Jiffy Map", which, among other localities, were mapped and Kudrintsy. Was marked on the map and Kudrinetsky castle.
19 - 20 century. At some point, the castle was abandoned by its owners, and then began to decline outpost. Deserted dilapidated structure and gradually destroyed. Relatively recently, in the first half of the 20th century, the south tower of the castle was in pretty good condition, and the eastern wall of the fortifications have not been completely destroyed.
?. After the Second World War (?) Hill on which stands the castle, was severely disfigured by a small pit, which bit into the tip of the Cape, and left there a deep notch. As a result, the southern slope of the cape has lost its holistic and harmonious appearance.
Today. Partially preserved southern, western and northern walls (part-height); a portion of the southern pentagonal tower to a height of three storeys. Northwestern hexagonal tower remained good. From the gate tower remained fragmentary ruins. Overlap between the tiers of towers have not survived. The grounds of the castle is not built.
There is information indicating the fact that until recently existed in the castle underground passage, which started in the five-sided tower, but now that the course littered with stones and earth.