Lipovans, as they are known in Iasi, were Russian Stamovars 'chased' out of Russia because they resisted reforms to the Russian Orthodox Church.
A church was first built on this site next to the river in Podu Ros in 1780. It was subsequently damaged and rebuilt with some bricks. A fire in 1866 completely destroyed the church, all books and vestements. This new church as seen today was consecrated in 1882.
The church was again damaged in the major earthquake of 4 March 1977 and was repaired.
This church is listed on the register of Historical Monuments with code IS-II-mB-04060