Interior panorama of the baroque cathedral St. Fridolin in Bad Saeckingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany.
The cathedral is dedicated to the misionary Fridolin who founded a monastery on an island in the river Rhine at today's location of Bad Saeckingen. Originally built in the 11th century, the church was destroyed by fire in 1272. Rebuilt as a gothic church, the church burned out in 1678 and subsequently renovated in baroque style. The frescos painted by Francesco Antonio Giorgioli before 1701 remain only in the two chapels because fire destroyed the church again around 1750. The frescos in the main church were subsequently painted by Franz Joseph Spiegler, the plasterwork was created by Johann Michael Feichtmayr.