Old St. György church it was changed in 1859, it was emphasized in his ruins and it was rebuilt school.
It was conveyed between festive frameworks in his 1859. November the two-storey one and with classrooms abounding school. They called the building, which they had drawn up in a neoclassic style, a towered school. The old, Árpád age church's bases are concealed in the land of the schoolyard always yet. It 1885-86-os in a year Szeged upper town St. György communal people's schools 735 were a boy and his girl students' numbers already.