The Ekshärad farmhouse (Ekshäradsgården) was built in the 1820s in the parish of Ekshärad in Värmland. The large, two-storey building evidently comes from a district which was rich in building timber and where there was plenty of wood to burn for heating. On account of its size the building was known locally as The Manor.
The farmhouse was built by the crown’s district legal officer Jan Olof Pallin and it served as the local court as well as the enlistment office of the Värmland Regiment. The inventory made on the decease of J.O. Pallin’s widow shows that the farm was large and prosperous.
In 1854 Per Larsson, the district judge, moved into the manor with his family and it is his home that has been reconstructed at Skansen. The entrance hall is marbled in black and green. From the hall one enters the kitchen with its splatter-painted plastered walls and large cast-iron cooking stove.
Today the Ekshärad farmhouse is open for visitors during summer and Christmas.
View More »