St. Boniface parish was established in 1886 for German-speaking Catholics in the Wichita, with a wooden church built the next year in a cornfield at 2nd and Ohio. A brick church named for St. Anthony of Padua replacing the wooden one was constructed during 1902-05, with the interior completed in 1909. Renovations based on old photos and documents were completed in 2005. Nowadays, instead of primarily serving German Catholics, St. Anthony is a center of the Catholic Vietnamese community in Wichita.
(The information here is from the parish's website: http://www.stanthonywichita.com/index.php/church-origin)