Fourteen years after work on St. Joseph's Church had been started, the edifice was dedicated on November 11, 1903. There are over 60 stained glass windows with their many symbols and pictures of the angels and saints and scenes from the Bible. Almost all are from the Mayer workshops in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. The white marble carvings, statues, and altars are from Italian quarries. The columns, though, are all from Georgia's own quarries.