I am a Finland-based VR panoramic photographer and consultant. I'm currently self-employed, shooting 360 panoramas and videos of varying locations and companies.
I teach these techniques to other photographers, schools and medias.
I also use pole that reaches up to 10 meters for regular, 360 panoramic pictures and videos. I also use drones for 360 panoramas and videos.
Visit www.360panorama.fi to view my work.
I am a photographer from Finland. For a long time photography was mainly a hobby but after I got into 360° panoramas and virtual tours in 2014, I have been doing a little commercial work also.
I have been interested not only panoramic photography but also HDR since 2008. Therefore some of my images are made by utilizing HDR technique.
Especially I like shooting landscapes and city areas but I'm interested trying something different and shooting other kinds of subjects as well.
Some of my images can also be found at http://www.panoramicearth.com/showprofile.php?ref=MIKA-SALMI
* Nikon D800, Nikon D200 was in use until late 2012 and till 2010 I used a D40.
* Samyang 14mm f2.8, I've been looking for good FX fisheye for some time now. As of 2015, I'm shooting with Samyang's 12mm f2.8 fisheye, it's pretty awesome, also five images per panorama instead of twelve is a welcome bonus.
* Eons ago I used to use a DIY panohead mounted on SLIK's 300DX tripod. From 09/2011 onwards I'll be shooting with Pano-Maxx panorama head. In 2015 I upgraded to Panomaxx2 head, quality German enigneering. The tripod also had to be updated to carbon fiber one since the old one started to literally fall apart.
* Stitching: Hugin, the panorama stitcher. I also do exposure bracketing a lot and Hugin's Enfuse integration helps me there.
* Raw development: RawTherapee, usually one of the latest development versions.
* Post-processing: PS CS6, earlier I used GIMP but the lack of 16bit editing was frustrating. Sadly Photoshop doesn't seem to have many good free plugins, everything's payware.
I'm a passionate freelancer working mainly in Helsinki area. I've been shooting professionally over a decade. I'm working on assigments for print media and corporate customers, promotional artist shoots, some sports. My work has been published in Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Iltalehti, Riffi, Soundi, F-Musiikki, Taksi Helsinki, MTV3, Eastway to mention some. I work either on location or in my studio in Kalasatama, Helsinki.
My name is Martin. I love photography. And other things. But you only have to concern yourself with photography for the time being, perhaps once we know each other a little better you’ll become familiar with the other facets of my personality. But let’s stick to photography for now.
After finally realising a childhood dream, I’ve been a freelance photographer since 1996. I still remember taking pictures with my mother’s ‘real’ camera and being confused as to why the images never turned out like they were in my head. Long story short; after a hiatus of around 15 years I studied photography and all the childhood mistakes became obvious as I learned the mechanics of all things camera.