The Archcathedral Basilica under the Invocation of St. James - the church founded by Beringer from Bamberg in 1187. The gothic temple made of brick was built from XIII up to XVI century. Destroyed during the Allied air raids. In 1972 reconstruction started. It has valuable objects inside (gothic triptychs, tombstones and epitaphs), the chapels devoted to: West-Pomeranian Dukes, The Holy Mary Ostrobramska from Vilna, the Nazism and Stalinism victims, the soldiers of the Resistance, seamen, craftsmen; plaques devoted to Pope John Paul II and the Polish primates: August Hlond and Stefan Wyszynski. The Archdiocese Museum presents the history of the church in Pomerania. Next to the cathedral there is the bell from 1681, the gothic curate's house from XV century, the cross from the Pope's altar from Jasne Blonia and the statue from 1991 of the Holy Mary of Immaculate Conception on the pedestal, destroyed during the war a monument of Carl Loewe (1796-1869) - a composer, the organist in St. James Church, the city resident in the years 1820-1866. On the tower - a plaque with the text "5 Truths of Poles". Under the tower there are Jubilee Doors with the scene from St. Otto's life sculptured by Czeslaw Dzwigaj.