The Finch Foundry is the last example of a working, water mill powered, forge in England. The foundry was created from an old serge mill in 1814 and continued working until 1960. In its most productive years the foundry employed 25 men and produced 400 edged tools a day. Now owned by the National Trust many of the powered tools still work and demonstrations are given daily. Many of the tools would also require a wood handle and hence the third mill powered the wood work shop which now currently holds examples of the implements made on the site.