Classified as IIP (Property of Public Interest) since 1953, it is the Ex-Libris da Vila, it is a monument that stands out among others, not only for its artistic value, but for the architectural and urban set in which it is inserted. It is located in Largo Dr. Frederico Laranjo.
Analyzing the boundary plan of the Jewish quarter of Castelo de Vide, it can be concluded that the source was integrated in it. This has existed since the 14th century to the 19th century. XV. The source was a focus for the radial development of streets that developed around it, deducing that it was built in the 16th century, during the reign of King João III, although it is also likely that its construction will be from several eras, in that in the beginning there would have been only one spring, initially transformed into a small source of drinking water, which in the 16th century was built.