Battery Lee was completed in 1900 and was equipped with 2- 5" guns, which were moved in 1918 to the Harbor Defense of Grays Harbor, Washington. From its perch on the bluff, Battery Lee overlooks the light station on Marrowstone Point, with views towards Whidbey Island and Port Townsend.
Fort Flagler was established on the north end of Marrowstone Island in 1897. Along with Forts Casey and Worden, Fort Flagler helped defend Admiralty Inlet, the vital passage to the Bremerton Naval Shipyard and ports in Seattle & Tacoma.
Today Fort Flagler State Park maintains the same borders as the original fort, with hiking trails, beaches, camping, museum, 5 vacation houses, retreat center and 10 historic gun batteries open for public exploration.