Plaza Carrillo, currently named Parque Cespedes, is located in the southern part of the city of Trinidad, in the most modern area. It was founded in 1818 as Market Square by the architect Manuel Pastor, originally had an iron gazebo. On one of its sides is the Church of San Francisco de Paula.
The Carrillo Square is named in honor of the governor Pedro Carrillo de Albornoz who was the initiator of this project, was the first place of recreation of the town that from 1840 changed its function being the nerve center where it develops the active life of A city with more than 500 years of existence declared by UNESCO Cultural Heritage of Humanity together with the Valle de los Ingenios.
From the twentieth century transformations are made to the Carrillo Square by placing a bust of Carlos Manuel de Cespedes, adopting from that moment the name of Parque Cespedes.
View More »