At the end of the XIX century Alexander Pomerantsev with a group of Russian architects developed a new style of architecture - "Russian-Byzantine." In 1907, construction of the church was reopened in Chelyabinsk on Alexander Square.
The building was originally given over to a newspaper printing plant "Chelyabinsk worker", then it housed a warehouse of military equipment, as well as a planetarium.
In 1983 the church building restored and in 1987 set the body. Temple becomes a hall chamber and organ music.
In 2010 the building was again transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church and received the former name - Saint Alexander Nevsky.