Ballycopeland windmill is the only surviving and working windmill found in County Down .
Originally built in the late 18th century , it was owned by the McGilton family and it is believed to have ground grain until 1915 . It then remained unused until 1935 when the government of Northern Ireland acquired it .
It has undergone several restoration programs to get it into working order again . The miller house next to it was converted into a visitor centre which features a working model of the mill .