This is the area nearby the City Hall Square (Plac Ratuszowy) in Bielsko-Biała (Biała district, in the past a separated city). The City Hall, nowadays one of the icons of Bielsko-Biała, is the building with a characteristic tower. It was built in 1897 according to a design of an architect from Vienna, Emanuel Rost (Bielsko and Biała belonged at that time to the Austro-Hungarian Empire). It's a Neo-Rennaissance building with many features of the 19th-century Vienna architecture (in the elevations, there are resemblances to the Vienna's Palace of Justice). The main feature of this building is the clock tower with a beauty spot. Also the interior, which is also full of decorative elements, is very interesting, especially the vestibule and the Council Room. Such interior arrangement (a vestibule connected to a main hall) exists also inside the University of Vienna, and the arrangement of the Council Hall resembles the interior of the Vienna's Natural History Museum.