The oldest part of the castle buildings Lanškroun tract adjacent to the Church. Wenceslas. It was the eastern wing of the monastery, built by the Augustinians after the 1393rd The monastery was burned down during the Hussite wars. Since in 1451 was one of Postupice Kostkům. Those it in the second half of the 15th Century edited for occasional residence, and perhaps as the seat of economic official. The Kostka seat forms the western wing of the castle today. For the use of accessories and parts of the western wing of the monastic buildings in the neighborhood of the church, now completely extinct.
The building was called the castle back in 1507, when it was acquired by birth Pernstein. We do not know whether it modified the building. In 1588 they sold it to Adam Hrzán of Harasov. At this time the castle is described as a partly stone, partly wooden building with many rooms.