In the village of Brest Adrovcu became a gathering place for pilgrims Aleksinac
Miracle in the village of Donji Adrovac at Aleksinac, 75km from Sokobanja
! Brest on the road, on bark, it is clearly indicated figure of St. Petka, down whose face the tears flowing.
Adrovčani claim is for less than a week, when word spread to surrounding saints icon in the tree, thousands of people came to see the "miracle of God." To make things even more amazingly, on the other side of elm, residents have also found a cross carved in the bark.
Since last Friday, elm beside the road became a sort of a place of pilgrimage of those who have heard that this is exactly the image of the saint appeared, and passers-by stop out of curiosity to see why people gather. Bus stops, and people are baptized in amazement. Not indifferent.
- May the Force this, there is a god - says an old woman who had just lit a candle under the elm.
Another woman, who says she is from nearby Prcilovica, says in awe:
- The miracle is that! Something is and what it is, nobody knows!
- Certainly, some higher power - adds a third, also from the environment Aleksinac.
A Brest, from a distance, not by anything special. But when he went in, it is clear image of St. Petka in the characteristic black garb. In places where the eyes should be, drop by drop, drip "tears" down his face. Adrovčani say - crying!
It started when Gordana Pejovic, who lives in the house across the elm, on a sunny winter morning before the New Year in the bark of St. Petka said character.
- I told my husband: "Milan, look! Icon ", and he says:" Oh, silence, woman, do not talk, nobody will believe you! ". And so we say that children do not talk in the village. Show, so, some ... And last Friday, a woman asked me to show her! And her little son spread the word around the village - says Gordana.
We heard all, and even priests from nearby churches. But they did not trust. Father Miomir Jesic, head of the Russian Church in Adrovcu, admits that he was a skeptic.
- On Saturday I went to tell the assembled children to take a book and do their job. And this happened to me on the same day, about half past eleven at night, to pass that way by car. And at a distance of thirty meters saint appeared to me in life size. I stopped, made another round through the alleys and returned to double-check. The same! And on Sunday I came and blessed holy water timber - Miomir father said.
Gordana says that immediately after the consecration of icons slowly started to "stop crying"!
- Since I first saw it narrowed down more and more. Since the priest consecrated, it narrowed, but not so - says Gordana.
Archpriest Bogosav Stankovic, the head of the church of St. Petka in Adrovcu, says he will tell more about all the church authorities.
- If you get their blessing, we will do what needs to be - he says.
Miomir Father says it is not by chance that the image of St. Petka appear right here! She is the patroness of the Lower Adrovca, but also a kind of warning for the residents. It is no accident that happened just in the way of Deligrad to Nis, where most people fell away from God. This is a warning to the Serbs finally prisaberu - Miomir father said.
Bishop Irenaeus of Nis said that he heard about the case, but that does not want to comment until the person does not see it.
Chance travelers on the other side of the tree waiting for another surprise. At the very bottom of the elm tree is clearly visible in the cross of bark. Like the icon, no one can say whence it appeared that, why and what that says. Those who come to be crossed and pray, and some leave the U.S.. Gordana Pejovic said that the money collected three men from the village, for a particular purpose.
- If the church here is built, the money will be invested there. If not, then it will go away or sick orphans - says Gordana.
Adrovčani argue that it is indeed sometimes near a church, which the Turks were burned to the ground.