Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Share this panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Read more
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, contact us
Embed this Panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, contact us


Esglèsia de Sant Lluís

During his short French domination of the island, from 1756 to 1763, the account ofLannion, governor of Minorca, ordered the construction of the small town of St. Louis, togroup the scattered population of this hamlet area, as requested by the residents of thearea. This was first done in October 1762 and around a church, the Church of St. Louis,begun in 1761 and dedicated to King. The Mayor Antoine Causan drew the map of thefuture town, with a self-orthogonal layout of the time in France, and now including street names, which are conserved. The French could not see conclüida his work in 1763 thatit had handed the island to the British under the Treaty of Paris



Copyright: Ajuntament De Sant Lluís
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 9668x4834
Taken: 15/04/2011
Uploaded: 28/04/2011
Updated: 10/03/2015


Tags: church; history; menorca
comments powered by Disqus
More About Spain