The Finch Foundry is the last example of a working, water mill powered, forge in England. The foundry was created from an old serge mill in 1814 and continued working until 1960. In its most productive years the foundry employed 25 men and produced 400 edged tools a day. Now owned by the National Trust many of the powered tools still work and demonstrations are given daily. This is one of the three water wheels that power the equipment, this one turning the bellows that power the three forges inside the workshop.