Battery Wansboro was completed in 1905 and was equipped with 2- 3" pedestal mount guns. The original guns were scrapped in 1945. Two guns of the same type were obtained for display by Washington State Parks from Fort Wint in the Philippines.
Fort Flagler was established on the north end of Marrowstone Island in 1897. Along with Forts Casey and Worden, Fort Flagler helped defend Admiralty Inlet, the vital passage to the Bremerton Naval Shipyard and
ports in Seattle & Tacoma.
Today Fort Flagler State Park maintains the same borders as the original fort, with hiking trails, beaches, camping, museum, 5 vacation houses, retreat center and 10 historic gun batteries open for public exploration.