From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Großkorbetha is a village and a former municipality in the Burgenlandkreis district, in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. Since 1 September 2010, it is part of the town Weißenfels.
n a resulting between 830 and 850 directory of the tithe of the monastery Hersfeld (large) Korbetha first mentioned as a tenth place in the Curuuati Friesenfeld documentary.
The second entry in the same directory refers to the Kotbetha near Schkopau. Kleinkorbetha appears only as a parvi corvete in 1430, but it is older, since already 1330 corvete
superius is handed down, which thus presupposes the existence of the small Korbetha beyond the Saale. The place name can be traced back to Germanic cart wading, which is
topographically confirmed by the existing already in prehistoric times Saalefurten between both places or between Gniebendorf and Kleinkorbetha. At that time, the Saale
shared here in several flat arms, which made it possible to pass or drive through. Some dead remainders and hollows are still recognizable. Over the centuries, the spelling
changed several times. So in 1458 is the Korwetha speech (still colloquially "Korweete"), 1545 Great Corbetha. From 1593 the inscription Grosscorbetha can be found in the
church bell; since 1933, the village finally bears the name Großkorbetha, which is still valid today. In 1293, the construction of the church in honorem sancti Martini
(in honor of St. Martin) began. In 1433, large parts of the town were flooded by the river Saale, destroying forty houses. During the Thirty Years' War, the village was
set on fire by Swedish troops for unpaid contribution. In 1804, a conflagration destroyed a large part of the village.
Großkorbetha, Gniebendorf and Kleinkorbetha belonged until 1815 to the Electorate of Saxony and the Kingdom of Saxony. Kleinkorbetha on the eastern bank of the Saale was
subordinate to the Hochstift-Merseburg office Lützen, which was under Electoral Saxon sovereignty since 1561 and 1656/57 and 1738 belonged to Sekundogenitur-Principality
of Saxony-Merseburg. Großkorbetha and Gniebendorf west of the Saale were located in the north of the Electoral Saxon office Weißenfels [Burgwerben court), which belonged
between 1656/57 and 1746 to Sekundogenitur-Principality of Saxony-Weissenfels. Through the decisions of the Congress of Vienna came the three towns with the western part of
the Office Lützen and the Office Weissenfels in 1815 to Prussia. In 1816 they were assigned to the administrative district of Merseburg in the province of Saxony.
While Kleinkorbetha was assigned to the district of Merseburg, Grosskorbetha and Gniebendorf came to the district of Weißenfels.
In 1856, the Grosskorbetha station was put into operation, which became crucial due to its location as a hub for passenger and freight traffic and for the further development of the town.
In 1981, the inhabitants of the village celebrated the 1100th anniversary of the first mention. Twenty years later, on the 7th of December, the Saale bridge between
Groß- and Kleinkorbetha was inaugurated.
At the first district reform in the GDR Kleinkorbetha was reclassified on July 1, 1950 in the district of Weissenfels and incorporated into Großkorbetha. With the second
district reform in 1952 Großkorbetha came to the district of Weissenfels in the district of Halle, which in 1990 again became the district of Weissenfels and in 2007 in Burgenlandkreis rose.
On September 1, 2010 Großkorbetha was incorporated with its hamlets Kleinkorbetha and Gniebendorf to Weissenfels.