Around 1450 Lviv huntsman Nicholas Herburt built on blind mountain near Dobromyl wooden castle. However, the castle was destroyed in the attack Tatars in 1497
Building stone castle began Stanislav Herburt 1566 immediately after the Polish King Sigismund II Augustus gave city Dobromyl Magdeburg Law. In 1614 Jan Szczęsny Herburt finished somewhat rebuilt the palace, giving it a Renaissance look. She was extremely defensive functions, residential buildings used only for temporary residence.
Since 1622 the castle became the property Koniecpolski.
After the partition of Poland ordered the Austrian government to disassemble the old building, which was partly done.
To have survived:
four-bramna basteya remains of dwellings
two fragments of walls
the remains of a tower
remains well in the courtyard of the castle (pit depth of approx. 3 m)
In terms of locking oval, occupied an area podovhastoho crest of the mountain and had a length of 85 m, width - 25 m. Due to its location was inaccessible.