The Park lies on a plateau between the shore of the Neman, Gorodnichenko and a Creek that bears the name of Lithuania. It is believed that the toponym of Colora arose after the campaign of Prince Vytautas in Pskov, where he took a large number of prisoners of the suburbs of Pskov, which was called Koloa. These Coloane were settled near Boris and Gleb Church. Part of the territory of today's Park once belonged to the old monastic order in the city – the monks with Cology later basiliana. The most ancient document that testifies to their possessions on the right Bank of Gorodnichenko, dates back to 1485 g.
Vacant space near the historic center of the city pushed the authorities at different times to its economic use. In 1812 there was a project for the construction of the FORTS of the Grodno fortress on Kalozha plateau. In the early twentieth century there was a plan for the location of barracks, and in the 30-ies of the Industrialists had planned to build a factory. In the postwar years developed a couple of projects here the Central Park of culture and rest, and through him, had planned to build a transport artery and to build the main stadium.