The settlement was founded by Andrzej Maksymilian Fredro in 1665. Currently, the Sanctuary of the Passion and Our Lady of Kalwaria. At the top of the mountain height of 465 m above sea-level there is a Franciscan monastery, a church and a pilgrim's house. The location of Calvary is the hill bears a strong resemblance to the landscape around Jerusalem. Way of the Cross has a length of about 1.6 km. The hills are 35 brick and wooden seven chapels of Calvary.