Kiipsaare lighthouse was completed in 1933 and is 26 metres high. Initially, the lighthouse was constructed about 100 m from the coast; however, due to changes in the shoreline, it is now located in sea waters.
Because of strong storms and waves, the lighthouse that is standing on a steep coast became tilted years ago. Therefore, the lighthouse received a nickname the Pisa Tower of Saaremaa. Strong gusts of wind and waves pushed the lighthouse into a more upright position later.
View More »