Founded in 1640 by the bailiff of Leça, D. Frei Luís Alvares de Távora, in the place where a chapel existed and Nossa Senhora do Desterro was venerated. The facade of the entrance door stands out, consisting of two Corinthian columns. Above it is the coat of arms of the founder.
Inside, one can admire the true jewel of this Church: the very rich and surprising golden carving of the century. XVIII, work of lamplean carvers and the tabernacle of the high altar, magnificently carved in wood. (see Artistic Treasures) Five national paintings of Italian influence belonging to the Church that are currently in the museum.