The Linachtal power dam was finished in 1925 as the first and only open multiple-arch dam in germany. This construction was chosen due to cost reasons. It uses only 20% of the amount of concrete of a compact dam, at the expense of more complex boarding. It was put out of service in 1969 when it wasn't "modern" to have municipal power plants any more . But luckily it was never destroyed. 1999 there was an initiative to put it into service again. In the years 2006 and 2007 it was completely refurbished and put into service again. It's a protected monument now.