From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
The Catholic parish church of St. Peter and Paul in Lindenberg in the Allgäu in the Bavarian district of Lindau (Lake Constance)
is a neo-baroque building from the beginning of the 20th century.
The listed church is also known as Westallgäu Cathedral.
The population growth of the city of Lindenberg at the end of the 19th century meant that several institutions -
including the church - too small. The merchant Christian Mayer encouraged in this time the founding of a church association,
which was founded in 1885 under Pastor Franz Eberle. Through regular contributions and targeted collections was the financial
Foundation for a new church built. The situation of the church was discussed starting from 1896, and one decided finally,
to build the church at Goethestraße 3. The location of the church was confirmed by an opinion of the President of the Government and the
episcopal ordinariate in Augsburg.
First plan sketches for the new church were already available in 1901. The neo-Baroque church building of the Munich was completed
Architects Franz Rank, master builder was Josef Bilger from Lindenberg. The building was managed by architect Brachinger.
On the feast of Mary's Birth of the Year in 1912, the foundation stone was laid by the parish priest Johannes Egger. The finished one was inaugurated
Church construction on May 14, 1914 by Bishop Maximilian von Lingg. The construction costs for the new church amounted to about 600,000 marks.
The parish of St. Peter and Paul forms since September 1, 2016 with the parishes Scheidegg and Scheffau the parish community
Pfänderrücken in the deanery Lindau (bishopric Augsburg).