The Longhope Lifeboat Museum is dedicated to the crew of the T.G.B who lost their lives in 1969.
The Museum is housed in the "New Lifeboat House" which was built in 1906.
While on a rescue to the M.V. Irene the lifeboat capsized and all eight crewmebers lost their lives. This tragedy was one of the factors which made the RNLI decide that all new lifeboats must be self righting.