Markt Indersdorf is about 35 km north west of Munich and is a municipality in the district of Dachau in Bavaria, Germany. The towns history dates back about 1000 years. Markt Indersdorf was mentioned for the first time on a proven document in 972. The monastery of the Augustiner Choir Men was founded in 1120 and created the economical and cultural centre of the surrounding. 1783 Munich Kanonikers took over the monastery, followed by the Order of the Salesianers, the Merciful Sisters, the Diözese Munich and Freising, the last owners of the monastery.