Originally a baroque-style representative residence of nobility, the Malacky Chateau is a four-wing closed object with an inner courtyard. The chateau underwent a radical redevelopment in the early 19th century changing the architecture of facades and interiors according to the classicist principles. An English park as a symbol of classicist style replaced a baroque garden. According to old documents, the complex of the chateau and the park was surrounded by a stone wall. Two above-ground floors and one basement are built erected from a square floor plan. Two underground floors are located in the west side of the building. The chateau as we know it today is a result of the classicist-style alterations and other modifications. A balcony over the main entrance and fine French chimneys are the remainders of the chateau’s original appearance. A well and a bronze stag – a symbol of the Pálfi family – were located in an open space in the centre of the chateau. The bronze stag was moved to a chateau in Marchegg in 1918. The chateau was entered through three gates. A well-preserved main gateway is made of wrought iron. A gatehouse was built near the gateway. The second “White” gate led to the park. The third gate was made of wood. A wide “Alley” road surrounded by sycamore trees leads from the town to the chateau. The park contains interesting rare trees such as oak, beech, spruce, larch, chestnut and various flowers. Remains of a fountain and the Virgin Mary stone cave erected by the Franciscans are situated on the left side of the chateau. An open-air riding school and a labyrinth were located within the chateau premises. A stable, gatehouse and a pond were situated in front of the main entrance to the park and the chateau. The history of the chateau is closely linked to the noble family of Pálfi that was the owner of the land in Malacky for three hundred years. Pavol Pálfi ab Erdöd is recorded in documents as the initiator of building activities. The Pálfi family was the original owner of the chateau. Born in Malacky in 1861 and died in Marchegg in 1935, Mikuláš VI. Pálfi was the last member of the Pálffy family active in Malacky. The Czechoslovak army officers moved to the chateau after the events in 1918. In 1933, the Order of Franciscans obtained the chateau and the park as compensation for patron activities the order had done in past and used it as a boys´ dormitory. The German Gestapo imprisoned and tortured the rebels participating in the Slovak National Uprising in the chateau premises between 1944 and 1945. After the war, the chateau served as barracks for frontier guard and the chateau was altered into a hospital after 1957. Now, the town of Malacky is the owner of the object. Nowadays the chateau is closed because of an extensive reconstruction.