Building for himself suggested builder Peter Jakab, author of many eclectic buildings. Construction was completed in 1899. During construction were used and discarded stone of the Cathedral of St. Elizabeth, the reconstruction of the building materials received Jakab.
Until 1968 the palace stood on the shore mill race, which have built up a beautiful idyll. Drive, however, it was abolished in 1968 and since then the palace stands on the edge of a busy four-lane.
After the liberation by the Soviet army it was around for some time residence of the president of the renewed Czech-Slovak Republic, Edvard Beneš.
Between 1992 - 2000 the building housed the British Council (British Council) and is now used for major social events.
It belongs to the national cultural heritage.