Projections and Nav Modes
  • Normal View
  • Fisheye View
  • Architectural View
  • Stereographic View
  • Little Planet View
  • Panini View
Click and Drag / QTVR mode
Share this panorama
For Non-Commercial Use Only
This panorama can be embedded into a non-commercial site at no charge. Read more
Do you agree to the Terms & Conditions?
For commercial use, contact us
Embed this Panorama
WidthHeight
For Non-Commercial Use Only
For commercial use, contact us
License this Panorama

Enhances advertising, editorial, film, video, TV, Websites, and mobile experiences.

LICENSE MODAL

0 Likes

Wrocław - University Square
Wroclaw

University Square with a fountain "Swordsman"

Square in front of the main building of the University of Wroclaw. In the twelfth century, more or less at this point he became ducal court of Henry the Bearded, who moved from the Cathedral Island. Built in the fourteenth century castle - after offering by Emperor Leopold I of the Jesuits - was transformed into an academy. Its northern wing of the main building is now a university.

Peculiar ornament of the square is, introducing an element of frivolity in the midst of stately buildings, a fountain with a statue of a naked swordsman. Art Nouveau building, constructed according to the design of the Berlin Academy of Fine Arts Professor Hugo Lederer, set on the square in 1904, according to legend, a brown naked student who lost everything but the bars floretu. Naked is not only the abecedarian, but female characters in the base of the fountain. Four head gushing water on the stone bears are probably images of college professors.

Copyright: Robert Pipala
Type: Spherical
Resolution: 6000x3000
Taken: 25/07/2010
Uploaded: 04/11/2011
Updated: 24/03/2015
Views:

...


Tags: wrocław; poland; building; university of wroclaw; peculiar; statue; art nouveau; fountain; university; polska; breslau; hugo lederer; monument; sculpture; square
comments powered by Disqus
More About Wroclaw

Wrocław was the historical capital of Silesia. Over the centuries, the city has been part of either Poland, Bohemia, Austria, Prussia, or Germany. Since 1945 it has been part of Poland.source: wikipedia