St. Moritz, Switzerland, was one of the first places in Europe to establish playing polo, which dates back to 1899. In this year was placed a field in St. Moritz-Bad where British cavalry officers played polo as part of military training and at the same time of leisure.
In 1959 was founded the Club de Polo St. Moritz chaired by the Dr P. R. Berry. The founder members includes Andrea Badrutt, Col. Peter Kaspar and Lodi from Rome.
Starting in 1985, the tournament is held annually making it one of the most important events in St. Moritz, which attracts countless figures of the international jet set.