This 820 m high medieval village rises at the top of an isolated hill, offering a splendid view over the surrounding fields and mountains. This ancient fortified village has been totally restored under the Recovery Programme of the Historical Villages, preserving vestiges of human presence that date back to Palaeolithic era. Despite the fact that the headquarters of the Historical Village is located in Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, this village offers many interesting highlights such as: the main church, founded in 1192 by the Hospitaller Friars and dedicated to Our Lady Nossa Senhora do Rocamador; the cistern with its two doors, a Gothic and a Moorish door; the pillory and the clock placed upon a former battlement. In the end of the ruling period of Filipe II, enraged inhabitants burned the former palace of Cristóvão de Moura, one of the defenders of Spanish legitimacy over Portuguese soil. The ruins of the castle are the living proof of this historical episode.