The edifice of the Gliwice theatre was erected in 1890 upon an initiative of Victoria Association, Ltd., at the main street of the city and it constituted a complex recognized as one of the most representative places in Gliwice. Burnt down in 1945 by the Soviet soldiers.
Presently maintained as a permanent ruin one of the most interesting cultural facilities in the region, aims at presenting the uconventional artistic undertaking. In December 1997 the edifice of the Municipal Theatre was added to the register of historic sites of the SilesianProvince. Every single person who even once has stepped inside the Ruins of the Theatre, emphasises its remarkable atmosphere.