St Nicholas is a former Bendictine priory; established shortly after the Norman conquest.
During Elizabethan times the building was converted into the private residence of the Hust family. The kitchen dates from the 15th century; in the early 19th century the room had been converted to a three storey house and was occupied until 1913. Subsequent restoration works have removed the additional floors and windows.
St Nicholas is currently furnished as an Elizabethan town house, and is administered by Exeter Museum.
View More »