Hero Cities Park (Park Gorodov-Geroev) - a park in St. Petersburg , located in the Moscow area.
The park is located close to the Zvezdnaya Metro statation, south of the Victory Square in the area between Pulkovo and Moscow highway. City of Heroes Park Avenue is limited to the Danube, Moscow and Pulkovo Highway. The northern part of the park goes to the Victory Square, on which the Monument to the Heroic Defenders of Leningrad. In the central part of the park is a temple complex consisting of three churches (Church of Sts. George, Church of the Nativity of Christ, the Church of St. Sergius) chapel and ancillary buildings.
Church of the Nativity of Christ is made in the neo-Russian style. Church of St. George was built in honor of the heroism of Russian soldiers in World War II. At the base of the building laid the capsule with the earth of the hero-cities, as well as of those places where there were major battles of World War II.
In the northern part of the park from the Victory Square memorial survived long emplacements (pillboxes) of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. According to the memorandum account is held with machine-defense artilleriykie unit 79 and the fortified area of anti-tank artillery, 42 of the army. (Google Translate from http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA_%D0%93%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B2_%D0%93%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B5%D0%B2)
View More »