This unremarkable looking landscape in East Anglia is the site of one of the greatest ever archaeological discoveries. The small grassy manmade hills are the remains of 18 Anglo-Saxon burial mounds dating back to the early AD 600s.
In 1939, archaeologists excavating the area unearthed a rare undisturbed burial chamber. Inside they discovered the preserved outline of a huge wooden ship and an assortment of artefacts, including an elaborate warrior's helmet, sword and shield. Many historian's believe it to be the final resting place of King Raedwald, ruler of the East Angles.