Flags acquired harem is the oldest temple in Kaohsiung, history, and its start-up can be traced back to 1673 Yuan (Qing Kangxi years), there were reportedly due to avoid the typhoon, Fujian fishermen drift to the flag post, know that there a better world . Invited fellow fishermen bring their families over again come to settle, and Matsu statue brought from home to Caoliao worship. 1887 (Guangxu ten years) has called on foreign traders Patty Chang Kee etc. rebuilt. To 1926 (fifteen years) have a major overhaul, as the size and shape we see today.