Terebovlya Castle - fortification in. Terebovlia, 32 km from the regional center of Ternopil. To lock steep slope through dense garden is paved track. Trees planted in the late XIX century. And now through the thick wood walls of the castle, which sometimes amounts to 5 m thick, with a good city to be seen.
That building, the remains of which can be seen now, was built in the 1630s. With the assistance of the local headman Alexander Balaban. In addition, on Castle Hill in Terebovlia was already three fortresses. The first historic castle in the town, which preserved written mention was old n that it was built in the IX-X century. The greatest power that reached hail the reign of Prince Vasylko Rostislavich, grandson of Grand Prince Yaroslav the Wise. 
Vasylko fortress was wooden, enclosed fence, and only the castle church in her built of stone. The fortress had several defensive lines, but it was well. Archaeologists believe that the water here summed by underground or filled tanks. Vasil'kov castle was not like the one that still remained. Even the entrance to it was not on the east side, as now, and from the north - from the modern park. Under the castle cellars were.
After his death in 1124 Vasylko Terebovlia principality joined the Galician and later - in the Galicia-Volyn principality. During the reign of Vladimir Igorevich kind of Izyaslavich Terebovlia regains independence. However, in 1211 in a battle with Hungarians prince was taken prisoner and was executed with his brothers and father. In those times wooden walls of the castle started to impose stone, but in 1241 Terebovlia utterly destroyed Horde of Batu Khan. In 1341 the city has already referred to as the Poles won. In 1346 the Polish king Casimir rebuilt the fortress. About this castle later, little is known, but it was a stone with thick walls 1-2 meters.