From oral tradition is known that the "Chlögg" was known in the pagan time as a place of power. Later, the Christians erected a venerable wooden cross on the ancient Roman road.
In the years 1890/91 the Prelate gave Dr. Karl Eberle from Flums commissioned the architect and painter Franz Vettinger to build the Holy Cross Chapel in a neo-Romanesque style. She is in honor of the Holy Cross and the Sorrowful Mother of God. The chapel was completed on 18 September 1891 and inaugurated on 14 August 1893 by Bishop Augustin Egger.